Home / FIrst Steps

Home Forums Getting Started FIrst Steps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone,

I work in the counterparty credit risk methodology team of an important bank and we are considering the possibility of using ORE to help us to develop CCR tools in the future as well as to use it as a benchmark of our existing tools.

By now i have read the documentation and i have been able to run the examples in python, but when it comes to modify them in order to change the characteristics of a product, I find it very hard to do and not user-friendly at all, since i’m trying to edit de .XML files using notepad++. I’m sure there must be a much intuitive way to do that but I don’t know how to do it.

I have a very basic knowledge of phyton and I have never worked with Quantlib. Do you think I can learn how to use ORE properly without knowledge of Quantlib?

What would be the next steps in order to manage the inputs (curves, conventions,…) and specifications of the products easily?

Is there any graphical interface that allows to do that in a much user-friendly way?? (specially for users not familiarized with programming)

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Abirras,

You can use ORE without any knowledge of Python or QuantLib, yes.

What you will need is familiarity with running command line applications and manipulating XML files. You can use a text editor for this (notepad++ is fine, vi, etc) and there are sometimes XML plugins that can help. Alternatively you can use an XML editor directly (XMLSpy is popular).

Once you can do this, it is straightforward to configure your portfolio and settings (curves, conventions, model parameters, etc) and this is all in the user guide.

Also, if you require support on a commercial basis you can always email info@quaternion.com.

Regards,
    Niall.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.