Home / Boost install

Home Forums Help Boost install

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by RDSK.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RDSK
    Participant

Hi
    when I installed the boost zip file there was no stage\lib subdirectory. Do I need to compile the source code?
    I tried using command given but get error below. Please help with error.

C:\boost_1_64_0\boost_1_64_0>.\b2 –stagedir=.\lib\x64\lib –build-type=complete toolset=msvc-14.0 \ address-model=64 –with-test –with-system –with-filesystem \ –with-serialization –with-regex –with-date time stage
    …found 1 target…
    …updating 1 target…
    msvc.write-setup-script C:\Users\rupert\AppData\Local\Temp\b2_msvc_14.0_vcvarsall_x86.cmd
    …updated 1 target…
    …found 1 target…
    …updating 1 target…
    msvc.write-setup-script C:\Users\rupert\AppData\Local\Temp\b2_msvc_14.0_vcvarsall_amd64.cmd
    …updated 1 target…
    …found 1 target…
    …updating 1 target…
    msvc.write-setup-script C:\Users\rupert\AppData\Local\Temp\b2_msvc_14.0_vcvarsall_x86_arm.cmd
    …updated 1 target…
    error: wrong library name ‘date’ in the –with-<library> option.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by RDSK.
    RDSK
    Participant

Hi

I believe I have missed an underscore after checking the guide, ie date_time. I followed the boost.org instructions and so ran only the command ./b2
    After seeing your equivalent string with many arguments, I ran that and hope that the necessary boost files were updated.
    given that boost.org suggests running only ./b2 will that be sufficient for ORE?

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by RDSK.
    RDSK
    Participant

Hi

I tried reinstalling a newer version of boost. Do I need to remove the earlier install as got below errors:
    C:\boost_1_65_0\boost_1_65_0>.\b2 –stagedir=.\lib\x64\lib –build-type=complete toolset=msvc-14.0 \ address-model=64 –with-test –with-system –with-filesystem \ –with-serialization –with-regex –with-date_time stage
    error: at Jamroot:174
    error: Attempt to redeclare already registered project id ‘/boost’.
    error: Original project:
    error: Name: Jamfile<C:\boost_1_65_0\boost_1_65_0>
    error: Module: Jamfile<C:\boost_1_65_0\boost_1_65_0>
    error: Main id: /boost
    error: File: Jamroot
    error: Location: .
    error: New project:
    error: Module: Jamfile<>
    error: File: Jamroot
    error: Location: .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.