Home / Reply To: SWIG bindings

Home Forums Development SWIG bindings Reply To: SWIG bindings

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi,

First, thank you very much for everyone who contributed and maintained such an impressive code for risk management.

I am a quant practitioner and have been building models, validating models for at least 15 years. I am currently a consultant in this same area.

Back to the reason of this posting:
I tried to build ORE-SWIG (latest GIT master, later than 1.8.5.1) from the latest GIT master and the lastest QuantLib_SWIG(1.19) and QuantLib(1.19). The building process went smoothly for QuantLib 1.19 (from GIT master) and ORE 1.8.5(from zip file) in x64, vs2017, framework 8.1.
However, ORE-SWIG building was not successfully. I first tried using cmake with ninja. the libpaths that were automatically generated inserted a directory layer of /build/ between ORE and its components. Then, I tried with cmake, followed up with a build with visual studio 2017 where I can input the locations of the libs. No luck either, it failed at the linking.

I would really appreciate if someone could tested out the building method, presented in the userguide, section 4.4.